Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Thank You card

Next week, I graduate from the the 2-year rotational program that I’ve been on at work. I made a “Thank You” card for the manager of this program and my manager for two years.
I was originally going to make this card approximately 5x7”, but certain members of this program wanted to make a “huge” card. I compromised and decided to make one that was 8.5x11” – out of a manila folder.
IMG334 (Small)
I cut out rectangles from magazine in a ruby color and then glued them to the front of the manila folder.
IMG336 (Small)IMG338 (Small)
Then, I cut another manila folder into a bunch of strips and created outlines of “THANK YOU” on the ruby cutouts. (Sidenote: Today, I learned that Aluminium Oxide with a dash of Chromium turns into Ruby. Did you know that Aluminium Oxide is a ceramic?? I did.)
IMG339 (Small) IMG341 (Small)
I surrounded the THANK YOU with quilled spirals. The “quilling tool” I was a nail. I used to use a knitting needle as my quilling tool but I lost it. The basis for this design is a quilled “IMAGINE” that I read on one of my blogs. It’s not quite as detailed or amazing, but now I’ve had Imagine stuck in my head for the past few days. You may say I’m a dreamer…but I’m not the only one.
IMG346 (Small) IMG343 (Small)IMG349 (Small)
On the inside of the card, I have a picture of my graduating class and our manager. I used this tutorial to create the photo corners.
IMG353 (Small)
I found out today that my phone-camera has ~MANUAL FOCUS~.  This thing keeps amazing me. I can’t believe I ever bad mouthed it. Yes I can. It still isn’t very good in compact fluorescent lighting. I should get make an incandescent photobooth for it.

2 comments:

  1. awww, look at long hair, baby-faced Nick, haha. And glasses wearing Nidhi :)

    ReplyDelete