Wednesday, October 5, 2011

30 Crafts in 30 Days: Day 17

Today, I made something of which I am slightly proud and slightly ashamed. Let’s start off with the proud part.
I started off with a yam. I cut it in half and sliced it.
IMG156 (Small)
I sliced it up some more because I decided they didn’t look square enough, and placed onto my baking tray. I drizzled some olive oil and mixed them up. I yam what I yam. Not sure the difference between sweet potatoes and yams, also I don’t really care.
IMG157 (Small)
Then, I baked for 20 min at 425F in my toaster oven. These look so much like yams that have been baked in a toaster oven at 425F for 20 minutes!!! They were making this cute squeaky noise in my oven whilst baking.
IMG163 (Small)
Now…for the part I’m less proud of. Many of you may know where this is going. Yam fries usually are paired with a spicy mayo at restaurants. SO OF COURSE I had to pair these with a spicy mayo. Mayo is sooo gross. I hate plain mayo. But spicy mayo? You know what they say. Sriracha makes almost anything taste good. A dollop of mayo (or in my case, like 3 dollops) and a few squirts of Sriracha, and voila! spicy mayo.
IMG160 (Small)
IMG164 (Small)
I wish you could have been here to eat this with me! Because I ate almost alll that spicy mayo. Ewww. In related news, it’s not clear to me that my phone camera is any worse than my old point and shoot. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment