Saturday, October 15, 2011

30 Crafts in 30 Days: Day 27

I hadn’t done any quilling recently, so since it was my friend’s birthday recently, I decided to make a simple card for her. I started with an old manila folder that was going to be thrown away at work! From the looks of it, it looked as though it had never been used.
IMG290 (Small)
I cut out a third of it and made a bunch of paper strips.
IMG298 (Small)
I started quilling. Quilling is soo easy. These things called “quilling tools” are general used to curl the paper, but I used a nail. I used to use a really thin knitting needle, but I lost it in the great clean-up of 2011.
IMG299 (Small)
Ta-Dah! Love the manila on manila.
IMG302 (Small)
I used fancy scissors to cut the right edge of the card into a pattern. Then, I rolled it up into a little rose at the bottom right.
IMG305 (Small)
Cute, huh? :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I feel famous and honored to have a craft featured on your blog that you gave to me!

    I adore it, and love that it is from reclaimed* materials.

    Em.

    * way to fancy-up 'garbage scraps' :)

    ReplyDelete