Sunday, October 16, 2011

30 Crafts in 30 Days: Day 28

Slow roasted tomatoes! Not going to lie, it took me maybe 5 tries to figure out how to spell tomato pluralized. I got something called “grape tomatoes” in my CSA, and since I think grape tomatoes are pretty much bland, I decided to slow-roast them.  IMG279 (Small)
I chopped each of them in half, and drizzled in olive oil.
IMG281 (Small)
I then placed them in my toaster oven for ~3 hours at 250F. Look at the apparent temperature gradient of my toaster oven! The ones that are super dry looking were near the front of the oven and the soggy looking ones were at the back. Hmm. Sounds like I need to use a convection oven.
IMG301 (Small)
I tried to take a picture of the tomatoes while they were being roasted, but it ended up being a time when the heating element was not on and producing light. Oh well. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment