Monday, October 3, 2011

30 Crafts in 30 Days: Day 15

Ok.
I caved. I am going to finish this series using my terrible terrible phone camera. It appears that I’m not so good at living without doing crafts. And these pictures are only worth like 500 words. Really, sorry about these pictures. With the combination of my phone camera and fluorescent lighting, it can only end poorly.
I am on a Michigan binge. Ever since going back last weekend to Ann Arbor, I have been all Michigan, all the time. It’s kind of disgusting. I don’t know if I’m projecting all my feelings of wanting a Michigan man like real bad onto doing Michigan crafts like real bad, but who knows. The more Michigan stuff I own, the better.
I started out with these placemats that I got at a thrift store. And some maize fabric I got at a thrift store also.
IMG135 (Small)
I cut the wonderfully quilted placemats into rectangles.
IMG136 (Small)
Then, I traced the block M from my computer onto the maize fabric.
IMG137 (Small)
I stitched the M to the quilted fabric.
IMG139 (Small)
I then sewed the placemats into a purse-like shape and lined it with some more of the maize fabric.
IMG140 (Small)
I sewed some straps (aka long tubes made from the maize fabric). It turns out that I’m not so good at turning out straps. Pun intended.
IMG141 (Small)
Ta-Dah! A beautiful empty Michigan purse that can hold all my dreams of one day finding a Michigan man. I’m transparent.
IMG143 (Small)
A girl can hope, right?

2 comments:

  1. I love you. You are incredible. YOU WILL FIND THAT MICHIGAN MAN ONE DAY, and I'll make sure he deserves you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With 400,000 living alumni... maybe 50% of them men, it seems like you should have enough to choose from :) Here's to putting hopes of a Michigan man in a Michigan purse.

    Also, what's wrong with men from the other states?

    ReplyDelete