Thursday, October 6, 2011

30 Crafts in 30 Days: Day 18

I mostly dislike seasonal crafts. (Except football season, of course.) So when I saw this tutorial, I thought that it was a fantastic idea, minus the fact that it’s seasonal.
Since I work in the lighting industry, I decided to make a light bulb!
I started out with encyclopedia paper and cut it into light bulb shapes.
IMG169 (Small)
IMG172 (Small)
Then, I glued the pieces onto a piece of cardboard that I painted black. The “spine” of each folded lightbulb paper is glued to the cardboard.
IMG173 (Small)
‘But wait!’ you say. ‘Don’t lightbulbs give off light?’ Why yes, they do! I’m glad you asked. I painted the lightbulb yellow and the base silver. You can really tell these colors with my amazing phone camera.
IMG178 (Small)
I don’t like seasonal crafts because that requires putting things into storage. I don’t even put my summer clothes into storage. Ugh. Transience sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment