Saturday, April 16, 2011

Yes We Have No Bananas

I received a very interesting text message from Raya last night, stating, “I want to come over tomorrow and sew banana costumes.” I was baffled. Why would anyone need a banana costume? It’s not like it’s football season and we want to wear banana costumes to prove our maize. (She apparently needs them for the play that her school is doing next weekend, though she wouldn’t tell me why there are four bananas in it…)
Raya sewed a teardrop shaped piece of fleece into a rough banana shape. She did research earlier in the day by eating a banana. See, you are what you eat, and she thought by eating a banana, she would become the banana. At first, she didn’t have armholes, but luckily she had me to mark where to cut armholes.
215_4597 (Small)
Ta-dah! Raya seduces the camera because she’s just so ap-peel-ing.
215_4598 (Small)
“This is a very meta picture,” Raya said potassium richly. It’s because I’m eating a banana while being a banana. I think it’s more cannibalism.
215_4602 (Small)
We’re just a couple of bananas. I’m excited for the play next weekend to see what our fruitful costume making endeavors will be used for. (I really like puns ok??)
 215_4604 (Small) 
This shit is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s. (This shit is bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s!)

1 comment:

  1. ooo I want to comment a banana pun! But I couldn't even find any on google :( haha. This is one of my fav posts!

    (we might have to borrow these from Raya for our photoshoot!)

    ReplyDelete