Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Justice in the World

I stole this cheap globe from my parents. It has a blue injection molded (I assume) plastic base that slightly broke – the duct tape that was used to fix it can be seen at the tip of the axis.

215_3663 (Small)

I sanded down the base and then I painted it black.

215_3668 (Small)

Now there are three maps in my living room – two world maps on my gallery wall and . Maybe I love maps. Or traveling :)

215_4454 (Small)

Another project -- I picked up this set of scales with a brown finish and a faux marble base at a thrift store. Because I’m slowly converting everything in my living room to black, I wanted it to match since it resides on my sofa table. It was just so very brown.

215_3667 (Small)

I painted it black as well. I placed some lovely acorns that I painted gold on one of the scales. See, you can tell these scales definitely work, since acorns are heavier than air.

215_4457 (Small)

I love these acorns. They were so easy and look so nice with a coat of gold paint. Metallic paint is one of my favorite art supplies, it can totally step up any accessory’s game.

215_4458 (Small)

Is there no justice in the world?

1 comment:

  1. ooo this project reminds me of this http://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/09/diy-project-halligans-chalkboard-globe.html

    I have chalk spray! Craft night...?

    ReplyDelete