Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fame, Fame, baby, The Fame, Fame

I love Lady Gaga, as you may already know. She is so fantastic to listen to and look at. (I just ended that sentence in a preposition; deal with it.) I LOVE HER. Sometimes I slink around my apartment pretending I’m her coming out of the water in the beginning of Pokerface. Did I just say that out loud?

Anyway. I coveted the glasses that she wore on the cover of The Fame, and I decided that I wanted them. Note 1: I wear glasses so I can’t really wear sunglasses. Note 2: You can’t see out of these glasses anyway so it doesn’t really matter.

I started out with a really scratched up pair of safety glasses that I had and painted the inside with black paint.

215_4418 (Small)

For the jewel part of it, I used these sequins (which, interestingly enough, used for my Lady GaBra).

215_4461 (Small)

I cut them up into quarters.

215_4462 (Small)

I then baked them for approximately 1 minute at 350F in my toaster oven.

215_4467 (Small)

I sanded down the safety glasses (not so safe now, are you!) at the part where I would place the tacky glue.

215_4470 (Small)

And smeared a thick layer of tacky glue on the glasses.

215_4472 (Small)

I placed the baked sequins on the glasses. So awesome.

215_4474 (Small)

Fame fame baby the fame fame.

215_4492 (Small)

OR

The Fame

I spent entirely far too much time doing that.

And lucky YOU! I’m going to give these away! If you want them, leave a comment on this post by Thursday, April 14. I'll post the winner on April 15. If I don’t know how to contact you, leave some sort of contact info in your comment. These glasses are pathetically useless. Can’t see out of them! But they are a good blindfold ;)

6 comments:

  1. comment!

    -grishma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That album cover is amazing. I would buy that record.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you baked the sequins in your toaster oven. Can you even consider it baking in there, and for only a minute?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hotter than lady gaga.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be a drag just be a queen! I want to win those glasses!

    ReplyDelete