Sunday, April 10, 2011

I went to Australia last November: Day 2 Part 2

After wandering around Melbourne by myself for a few more hours, and doing things like going to the Melbourne Museum and stepping on a bunch of crunchy leaves just to hear that crackling noise, I met up with KT again to see some more things.

Melbourne had these Christmas banners everywhere. Again, I kept expecting them to say “Christmas in July,” but even though it’s in The Southern Hemisphere, Aussies still celebrate Christmas at the same time that people in the Northern hemisphere do (the ones that celebrate Christmas, anyway). Can you tell I mirror-imaged this picture! Yes, yes, you can.

215_2586 (Small)

The Australia Target sucks. Just saying. 

215_2632 (Small)

KT and I took a tram from downtown Melbourne to St Kilda Beach to watch the sunset. We started out by wandering around, and we found a little cove where we could look at some Australian penguins. Isn’t it adorable?

215_2650 (Small)

We saw a giant clump of dead starfish. There were so many. As sad as this picture is, it also is kind of cool (but don’t tell anyone that I said dead starfish are cool).

215_2660 (Small)

Ahh. The sunset was so beautiful.

215_2672 (Small)

But we weren’t the only ones enjoying it. We were totally creepy but if they’re full on going at it right in front of us, what were we supposed to do?

215_2696 (Small)

A better picture of a couple on he beach. I love this picture.

DSCN8078 (Small)

We then walked up the street to eat dinner, and on the way saw the entrance to a Luna Park, an amusement park. Now, I think this looks really creepy and not at all amusing. But that’s just my thought. Entering a park by someone’s mouth? Exactly my idea of a good time.

DSCN8080 (Small)

Pumpkin risotto. Delicious.

215_2706 (Small)

I think in Australia is where I became extremely skilled in taking extreme close-ups of my food.

1 comment:

  1. I just can't believe you think dead starfish are cool.

    Love the beach pictures. I can never get enough of sunsets over water.

    ReplyDelete