Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I went to Australia last November: Day 4 Part 1

On my fourth and last day in Melbourne, Katie and I did a Yarra Valley winery tour, about an hour out of Melbourne. As soon as we got to wine country (before actually visiting any wineries), we begged our tour driver to make a pit stop at yarra valley dairy where we sampled cheeses. So worth it.

DSCN8163 (Small)

We went to the first winery, Coombe Farm, and honestly, we could have stopped there. Oooh man, I loove wine. This lady was my favorite – it was about 10a and she was so enthusiastic about her wine.

DSCN8172 (Small)

Katie: “How do I hold this bottle of wine?” Nidhi: “Hold it like you would hold a baby.” Katie: “OK!”

DSCN8171 (Small)

We then went to another winery and had a nice snack and took this beautiful picture. We already had the nice buzzed look going.

215_2867 (Small)

Then we took a break at a forest type area for tea and cookies. Our tour guide, John, told us that he could make all the forest birds come down and hang out with us. Oh dang, we got attacked by these beautiful birds. They were red and purple, soo gorgeous.

215_2901 (Small)

After all the birds had gone back up to their perches, I gracefully leapt around the forest like I was a doe. I don’t know why I haven’t been hired as a forest ballerina yet.

DSCN8196 (Small)

Then we went to another winery to eat lunch – I played bartender. That’s why they call me The Natural.

DSCN8243 (Small)

Mmm the pasta and veggies were sooo yummy. I’m salivating looking at it just now. Thinking of it, eating carbs in the middle of a winery tour was probably the best thing we could have done. We were getting pretty silly by now.

215_2910 (Small)

The last winery that we went to was sticks. KT and I looved this because of the restaurant Breadstix on Glee. #gleek I think these sticks would be a nice decor element I think.

DSCN8273 (Small)

This is a picture of KT, John, and me after the last winery. As soon as we climbed back into the van, we both fell asleep as we rode back into the city. I love winery tours!

DSCN8276 (Small)DSCN8194 (Small)

I love Yarra Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment