Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Faux Stained Glass

I was reading this post about faux stained glass, and I decided to try this technique for myself.

I used a piece of glass that I had in a frame that had a tiny part of the edge for the glass base. And yes, I totally posed for this picture.

215_4394 (Small)

I drew a rose pattern on the glass with permanent marker.

215_4395 (Small) 

Then I traced it with the elmer’s glue + black acrylic paint mixture. Once that was dry, I removed the permanent marker with nail polish remover.

215_4397 (Small)

I then painted it with red, green, and grayish tones. I’m not entirely sure where I should put it. This is it on my kitchen window ledge. It’s a nice location because there’s natural light behind it. Not Natural Light though, because that would be disgusting.

215_4459 (Small)

This is it on my kitchen table. This really brings out the red and green of it, but makes the grays look icky.

215_4449 (Small)

This is it in front of a mirror.

215_4450 (Small)

What should I do with it?!

4 comments:

  1. I like it in the window! I think it came out great! If it is okay with you, I'd like to feature this project at the end of the month on my Features and Thank you post.

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the stained glass in the very beginning of beauty and the beast! Or the stained-glass-style animation. Please say you know what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Suzy - I would love to be featured! Thanks!
    @Genevieve - HAHA OMG I used to love that part. I know exactly what you're talking about!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked it in front of the mirror. You could get a piece of mirror cut to fit behind it!

    ReplyDelete