Thursday, September 8, 2011

30 Crafts in 30 Days: Day 8

Ok, I’m cheating a bit today. It’s a food craft, but since it’s my blog, I get to decide :). And really, all you need is love/a girl has got to eat/all you need is love/she’ll end up on the street/all you need is love/love is just a game.

I got a bunch of kale in my CSA so I decided to make kale chips. They are soo good and satisfyingly crunchy. Start with a fresh bunch of kale, not as wilty as mine is*.

IMG_1065 (Small)

Cut off the kale from the stem (I used scissors. I could have used food scissors but I don’t have a designated pair so I just used washed scissors. That reminds me, I should get a designated pair.) Place them on a tray and drizzle with EXTRA-virgin olive oil and sea salt. That’s right, make sure your olive oil isn’t slutty* (or even slightly slutty).

IMG_1066 (Small)

Look disparagingly at the mess you’ve made on the counter. As my ex-boyfriend would say, “OMG Nidhi, you’re so drippy*” and then wipe off the counter. Now I have to wipe the counter myself!

IMG_1067 (Small)

Bake the kale at 350C for ~15 minutes. Take the kale out of the oven and marvel at how small it looks now*. Eat the chips and let it CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH! Mmm.

IMG_1069 (Small) 

Though nothing will keep us together, we could steal time just for one day. Oh god, I’m going to watch Moulin Rouge! several times in the next few weeks, aren’t I? It’s such a good heartbreak movie :)

*That’s what she said

1 comment:

  1. Yes, kale chips!!! I have so much kale. Will have to post how it goes. Do you think i can use kosher salt rather than sea salt? I mean... it's all a bad batman joke anyway right?

    http://icanhascheezburger.com/2011/08/22/funny-pictures-chemistry-cat-batman/

    ReplyDelete