Monday, September 5, 2011

30 Crafts in 30 Days: Day 5

For those of you that have been asking me what my Day 5 craft is, I have been telling you to google Robert Indiana. YES, I IN FACT DID MAKE LOVE TODAY! I had a large 2x2’ piece of cardboard on which I sketched out the LOVE type.
IMG_0866 (Small)
Then I cut it out using scissors. It’s very difficult to cut out cardboard with scissors for some reason. Are my scissors ruined? Yes. I’m ok with that.
IMG_0868 (Small)
There’s my LOVE, sitting in its naked glory on my couch. Too bad it didn’t have a guitar humming and serenading me with Heart of Gold. But it’s not the couch where we made LOVE the first time and you said to me… (ok, too many Yoü and I references, apologies.) (But I wish it were.)
IMG_0879 (Small)
I then put a corrugated lining around the LOVE, which you totally can’t see in this picture. I promise you, it gives the structure a nice 3D appeal.
IMG_0888 (Small)
I covered the LOVE in (surprise!) encyclopædia pages! and my LOVE is leaning against the wall (just the way I like it).
IMG_1028 (Small) 
Too much? Never enough.

1 comment:

  1. I know I am super behind on your craft blogging but!
    WOW
    I (hahahaha) LOVE this!!!!
    I am totally going to steal this idea if that is okay with you.

    ReplyDelete