Wednesday, September 7, 2011

30 Crafts in 30 Days: Day 7

I love, love, love the robin’s egg blue that is synonymous with Tiffany&Co. It reminds me of my childhood when my daddy would come home every Christmas with a small blue bag that always held a small present he picked up for me and my sister. (Ok, I’m totally kidding. My dad would never think to buy me Tiffany’s and we don’t even celebrate Christmas! Also I don’t have a real seester.)

Anyway, I had this blue circular box that I got as part of a present from some friends in college. It had this awesome hot pink bow on it. While the color was amazing, it didn’t really complement the blue of the box. The bow was also was very limp (that’s what she said).

IMG_1048 (Small)

At first, I tried adding some more pink ribbon that I had lying around to give the box a little more flourish, but it still didn’t help. So I cut the ribbon off and decided to make a Tiffany’s inspired box (totally didn’t see that coming, did you? That is also what she said.)

IMG_1047 (Small)

I started out by using a pen to indent an ampersand onto the box.

IMG_1059 (Small)

Then I filled in the indentation with silver acrylic paint. See! I made an ampersand. Isn’t that an awesome word? Wikipedia tells me that the word is a “logogram,” which is a “grapheme which represents a word or morpheme.” Hmm. Wikipedia has many design words that I have never heard before.

IMG_1062 (Small)

In addition to the silver ampersand, I needed some bow action on this box. I found some ivory satin that I had in my fabric stash and created these “ribbons” for tying onto my box.

IMG_1060 (Small)

And hte lovely completed project! Can you guess what I use it to store?

IMG_1064 (Small)

Money! I’m saving up so I can buy something from Tiffany’s one day. A girl can only dream…

IMG_1061 (Small)

And now, I’m thinking of “Frost yourselves, ladies!” from How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days (a game I always win) and “You’re so Vain” is stuck in my head. I just want some right hand bling!

No comments:

Post a Comment