Tuesday, September 13, 2011

30 Crafts in 30 Days: Day 13

Day 13: another foodcraft. I decided to make a salad out of a bunch of vegetables that I had in my fridge.
I started off with a layer of cucumbers. I only used half because I only had half a cucumber in my fridge. I peeled it because I don’t like cucumber peels. Ok, so I don’t really like cucumbers but in this type of salad it’s super delicious.
IMG_1192 (Small)
I put on a layer of 2 tomatoes. No background info on these. They’re just tomatoes. Slimy and red.
IMG_1193 (Small)
Then a layer of red onion. I think I only had 1/4 of a red onion but luckily, it was just enough. Ogres are like onions. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers.
IMG_1194 (Small)
Then I added a layer of spelt berries. Not entirely clear as to what spelt berries are, but I used half a cup of spelt berries and approximately 1.5 cups of water. I boiled it for maybe an hour or so until they were cooked.
IMG_1196 (Small)
Then I put a layer of feta on top and squeezed a lemon and added a dash of salt and pepper.
IMG_1197 (Small)
Ummm so I decided I don’t really like layered salads so I mixed it all up. Then I ate it. It’s really delicious. I implore you to try it.
IMG_1198 (Small)
FETA FETA FETA FETA FETA!

1 comment: