Tuesday, September 6, 2011

30 Crafts in 30 Days: Day 6

For today’s craft, I’m doing something simple because I rushed home after basking in the glory of the Tigers’ win over the Indians. (Yeah, I live in Cleveland but I’ll always root for Detroit.) I decided to make a small gift bag based on this tutorial for a present that I have to give to a friend.

I started off with a map of Michigan and cut it up into a rectangle. 
 IMG_1037 (Small)

Then I reinforced the top of it using the cardboard from a shaving razor container because I’m eco-friendly like that. And yes, I do use a Gillete Fusion for men, in case you were wondering. It gives me the closest shave ever. 
 IMG_1038 (Small)

After I reinforced it, I glued it up in all the right places and folded the bottoms in. But it still needed handles!

IMG_1039 (Small)

Enter yarn that I unraveled from a scarf that I got as a present in 8th grade or similar…

IMG_1041 (Small)

This gift bag has been handled. What. Now.

IMG_1042 (Small)

Ok, if you look inside the bag you can see that there’s nothing. I might have just wanted to do this craft because I wanted a cute gift bag, ok! I have no friends that need to get presents in the near future!!

IMG_1043 (Small)

And yes, the map is upside down, but that’s just a political statement letting everyone know that there there is no such thing as upside down when it comes to geographical representations of the earth.

2 comments:

  1. This is my favorite one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a man razor too! That's what I took away from this craft tutorial post.

    ReplyDelete