Monday, July 5, 2010

Visit to the Farm!

My friend/ex-neighbor Genevieve (from the creeptastic sorority house where I accidentally lived) is originally from the CLE area, so when she was back here to do some wedding planning, she invited me I invited myself to her parents’ house south of CLE.

It ended up being very farmy, which is soo exciting!! The barn was awesome. Genevieve’s younger brother Isaac is in 4-H, so the barn was full of chickens, sheep, and a cow.

The Barn

Once in the barn, Genevieve was really excited to show us how to flip a sheep. Now, I’m not entirely sure where you would use this skill but if she were in a sheep-flipping contest, she would probably win.

Flipping the Sheep

Some of the younger chickens in the coop outside. They were thirsty and their water rationing machine was a modern marvel of engineering.

The Coop

There was even an outhouse, with separate men's and women’s toilets.

Mens Toilet

Womens Toilet

We took a picture of ourselves chewing on Timothy Grass. My eyes are closed and Genevieve had just gone running, so this is a pretty stellar picture of us. Isaac looks like a champ, though.

Chewing

Aaaand their dog. Isaac decided to take my camera and take pictures of whatever he saw fit. This picture of their dog turned out beautifully! I sneezed a lot because I’m semi-allergic. But it was soo big and cute that I couldn’t resist petting it.

The Dog

1 comment:

  1. my bunny eats timothy hay! do they grow the grass at their farm (on purpose)? or is it like a weed that just happens to be there? i'm trying to find someone who can sell me a whole bale of it because it's the total opposite of cost effective at the pet store lol

    ReplyDelete