Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Etsy! (and a slightly boring blog post)

This post is long overdue. I’m not saying happy birthday to my Etsy, which I swear I’ll open soon…as soon as I get a bunch of other stuff done. Etsy turned 5 on June 18, 2010, so people around the country (and maybe the world?!) decided to throw a party!

I went to a party being held in Sagamore Hills, OH bearing cookies and some yarn for the stash swap. I got there late (thank you, Whole Foods wine tasting!) and walked onto the patio.

There was a woman doing a demonstration about how to solder (pendants, not circuits!). What a departure from my work-life. We talk about solder joints there, but that’s within LED circuits. It’s cool how soldering irons can be applied to arts and crafts. I want to get one now, though I don’t know what I would solder.

215_0621

We then got a tour of the house where the party was being held. The hostess had a craft room of sorts, and her craft items were decorated so gorgeously!
215_0625

215_0626

I also got to make a really cool design on a ceramic cup, thanks to people bringing in ceramic markers. I don’t think anything I’ve freehanded has turned out as pretty! I love peacock feathers. This one time, I was at a bridal shower and there were peacock feathers at every guest’s place setting. At the end of the party, some older women decided to trounce around the room and grab all the peacock feathers. My mom and I looked at each other in disbelief. It was kind of strange. Oh well.

215_1074

215_1075

Oh yeah. LeBron announced that he is leaving CLE for MIA. I wonder how long it will take the City to remove the poster of him downtown.

3 comments: