Friday, July 9, 2010

Sometimes open letters are poorly written

With the leftover vodka that I had from the limoncello, I decided to make mint-infused vodka.

I let it marinate for two weeks. It wasn’t difficult, considering I was in New York and completely forgot about it until yesterday night! I was rooting through my fridge for a snack (running outside in 90+ degrees with overwhelming humidity can make a girl stupidly hungry) and I found the jar that I had used to store the vodka. I thought, “Well, crap, I have to make the liqueur right now. It is imperative.”

215_1067

I also added a simple sugar syrup to make it sweet (because that’s what sugar does – it makes things sweet.)

215_1069

In India, a popular type of cuisine is called “Indo-Chinese.” It’s basically India’s take on Chinese food. One of my favorite dishes is Hakka Noodles, which I attempted to make. A funny story about hakka noodles – my aunt knows that I love hakka noodles, and her English ain’t so great. We were all in India about to go out to eat, and she asked me if I wanted to eat “hakka needles.” So now, it’s ingrained in my head. Every time I want to say hakka noodles, “hakka needles” comes out!

I sautéed broccoli, celery, carrots, and tofu (the carrots and tofu first, since I wanted the carrots to be softer and the tofu to be crispier) in a little bit of oil and soy sauce.

215_1065

Simultaneously, I cooked thin spaghetti whole wheat noodles.

215_1066

Then, I mixed them together with soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and a dash of vinegar and… apparently forgot to take a picture of that. It tasted really good, I promise. 

And more on LeBron dropping LeBomb (yes, I made that up) – Dan Gilbert, the majority owner of the Cavaliers, wrote an open letter to fans. In the Cle, who is getting more press: Dan or LeBron?

No comments:

Post a Comment