Tuesday, July 20, 2010

10 Days in New York, part 3

And now for the final weekend in New York…City!

Friday started out at MoMA. It’s pretty sweet. Some large company with a bull’s eye as their symbol sponsors free Friday nights, so it was more crowded than I would have liked (crowds? In New York City? Never!)215_0862

This was an art piece that I took pictures of from both ends. This way, all the blocks look like they’re the same size…

215_0883 

But on they other size, they are comically shrinking!

215_0884 

In the architecture exhibit in the MoMA, there was a really neat chandelier made out of broken dishes. Since I’m moving in 8 days, this is definitely something that I want to have in my new apartment.

215_0897

Of course I had to take a picture of the globe thingy at Rockefeller Center. I saw this and I immediately thought of the television show 30 Rock (which stands for 30 Rockefeller Center).

 215_0913

Elmo?

215_0922 

At Broadway! I saw a billboard for In the Heights with Corbin Bleu! And since I’m 10 years old, I have seen all three High School Musicals several times and I got really excited that Corbin Bleu was on a billboard. Anyone else think that Corbin Bleu sounds suspiciously like Cordon Bleu?

215_0935

At the Toys R Us in Times Square, they had this weird advert in the window. Why, oh why, would a baby need mock-denim diapers? Babies do not know the difference between denim and plastic.

215_0939

Happy and I make really good models. Why aren’t we wearing these fancy fashionable dresses with our hips thrust forward standing in the middle of the street? Oh, the injustices plague me every single day of my life. (It’s the pelvic thrust that really drives you insa-a-a-a-a-ane!)

215_0949

I saw my first play on Broadway – Green Day’s American Idiot. It was very interesting, though slightly disheartening. The music was awesome (especially if you like Green Day and aren’t turned off by their newer stuff, claiming it’s too “political”).

215_0954

Stay tuned to find out if I found “labels and love” in New York…

2 comments:

  1. i assume you don't want to move to new york.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um "american idiot" got made into a broadway play?!?! also, SUPER jealous that you went to MoMA, with or without crowds! next year, when i got visit my sis, i'm going to go to MoMA, whatever it takes!!

    ReplyDelete