Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Breakfast Foods and Nighttime Beverages

Bagels are so super delicious. I love waking up on Saturdays and eating a bagel laden with cream cheese. I also love drinking chai on Saturdays, but that’s a topic for another time. Or we can talk about it now! My daddy makes the most fabulous chai. Every time I drive back to Michigan, I call him 10 minutes before I get home so that he’ll have chai ready. Of course the chai is never ready because he doesn’t start it until I reach home.

Anyway, I made bagels. Once I perfect a recipe (these weren’t super stellar) I’ll post it on here so you can go off and have your own bagel making adventures!

215_0647

They even tasted good with cream cheese!

215_0649

I also completed another item on my 24 before 24 list! I made limoncello.

I had 90% of a bottle of vodka (Smirnoff, only the highest quality for Nidhi) and 5 lemons.

215_0628

I zested the lemons (but not the rind! that apparently makes it very
bitter) and soaked it in the vodka for 2 weeks.

215_0629

After 2 weeks, I strained the lemon peels out of the vodka (using my chai strainer!) and the vodka was left infused with lemon. It turned out so nice and yellow!

215_0633

In order to make this into a liqueur, I added approximately 1 cup of simple sugar syrup – 1/2 cup of sugar boiled with 1/2 cup of water.

Ta-dah!

215_0636

Also, I’m sure you’ve heard of the “Stay in Cleveland, LeBron!” campaign going on currently, so thanks to Betty White for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment