Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Break 2011 Part 1

Ok, so I’m far past the age of getting a spring break anymore, but this year for my little brother’s spring break, we took a family vacation to sunny Florida. And sunny it was – it was 80 degrees and mostly sunny the entire 5 day period that we were there.

I left CLE at 8:30a. The airport was full of snowbanks and slush, none of which I was sad to leave behind.

215_3945 (Small)

I met up with my parents at PBI. I had brought 1 carry-on suitcase and my backpack, full of homework that I chose to ignore for most of the trip. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that my parents had brought four suitcases…

215_3946 (Small)

The first night there, we decided to walk down Seabreeze Blvd, the street in Fort Lauderdale that runs parallel to the ocean shore. My parents were really cool and decided to match.

215_3951 (Small)

I was really excited that was jumping. My brother said, “Why do girls always take jumping pictures?” He was right – but I didn’t have an answer for him.

CIMG3348 (Small)

The second day, we ended up going to the beach. My brother and I braved the 80+ degree heat (Fahrenheight) and the 70+ degree water.

CIMG3359 (Small)

While my brother and I were in the water, my dad found a hammock and decided to take a nap.

215_3967 (Small)

We left the water and my dad woke up from his nap long enough to take this very artistic picture of us rehydrating. We look really sweaty, but really, that’s just salt water.

CIMG3362 (Small)

My parents belong on the beach. I tried really hard to convince them that they wanted to purchase a 2nd home in Fort Lauderdale, and they were convinced until I told them that I would visit them every weekend.

CIMG3357 (Small)

This is a v. nice picture of my bro and me. He’s a total dude bro in his purple polo (man there is a lot of purple on this trip!) and I am making a beautiful face. I don’t know why the modeling agency won’t call me back.

215_3989 (Small)

No comments:

Post a Comment