Monday, February 21, 2011

I like my Bhindi slimy

Bhindi (Okra) is my favorite vegetable cooked Indian style. Today, I will bestow upon you my classicly simple recipe for Bhindi (provided that you have all the right ingredients).

Start off with your washed whole okra. Chop off the stem part and then cut the rest of the okra into 1/4” slices.

215_3848 (Small)

Eat one of the okra bits and decide it doesn’t taste very good raw :)

215_3850 (Small)

Place chopped okra into a pan and add a little water (depending on how slimy you want it to be). Simmer on medium heat for about 20 min, or until okra is cooked. To spice it, add haldi (turmeric), lal mirchi (red chili powder), dhania (coriander powder), and salt. Um so I never follow recipes, so I add random amounts of spices and legit, it always turns out ok. I like my bhindi spicy so I add a lot of lal mirchi. I eat bhindi with roti or naan (coming soon). To serve this, squeeze a little lime juice on top.

215_3851 (Small)

Yummmm.

1 comment:

  1. Brussels Sprouts are delicious raw!

    Love,
    Bear

    ReplyDelete