Monday, March 14, 2011

Pi Day Pie Day

At work tomorrow, we are having a Pi Day Pie Day (totally nerdy, and totally my idea, haha) and I made French Silk Pie. (Sidenote: the party starts at 1:59p since π = 3.14159… and one of my coworkers decided he wanted to repeatedly email me about changing the time to 2p since he had a meeting until 2p…)

I used this recipe and while it was super easy, I’m afraid to eat this pie. The crust is made of flour and shortening. Now all my kitchen utensils are greasy from the shortening. So gross.

215_4252 (Small)

Since I sucked 3 times at rolling the dough into a circular shape, I placed the ball of dough into the pan and just squished it into the general shape of the pan :\.

215_4254 (Small)

Then, I accidentally baked it for too long.

215_4256 (Small)

I mixed all the filling ingredients using this awesome electric hand whisker that my mom got for me. So convenient – I wouldn’t have been able to mix the filling without it. The filling, oh God, it’s sugar, butter and a bunch of other heart-stopping ingredients. So afraid to eat it.

215_4258 (Small)

But I do think it looks pretty delicious :)

215_4260 (Small)

Also in honor of my nerdiness, I crafted a bunch of nerdy mathematical symbols (i, infinity, zeta, and pi). Pi is going to be on display on Pi Day!

215_4146 (Small)

Pendantized around my neck! Love it. I bet it matches everything I own.

215_4273 (Small)

Happy Pi Day!

1 comment:

  1. ugggggg it is the first day back after spring break and all I want to do is eat your pie that is made of shortening and flour (although butter would work well I believe) and not wear a necklace with a greek letter on it. But that is just the statistical me.

    ReplyDelete