Sunday, March 6, 2011

Save the Label!

For a while, I saved labels from beer bottles and wine bottles that I thought looked cool. The way I decided to display these was to make tiny art pieces out of each one by using colored tissue paper, book paper, and quilling. These are hung up above my stove.

215_4169 (Small)

“Every object tells a story if you know how to read it.” I’ll tell you the story of each of these labels.

This is a wine bottle label that I received as a hostess gift from some friends who came to stay with me for the Summer of Light reunion last summer. I chose red and black because it matches the label as well as the connotation of a glamorized “naughty girl.”

215_4174 (Small)

The next two labels are from drinks that some friends brought for our one-year anniversary party for Edison (the only one year anniversary I’ll ever have). I love that the Magic Hat #9 label comes off as a circle, when it looks like an oval on the bottle.

215_4173 (Small)

This label came from a bottle of wine that someone brought to the party as well. He was really excited that there was a giant cock on the label.

215_4178 (Small)

This label is from a bottle of Oberon, my favorite beer. I made this art piece last August during the timeframe of the Feast in Little Italy. I had just finished when I got a call from one of my friends to meet him in Little Italy for the fireworks. I rapidly left my apartment and once the fireworks were over, I came back to this dried up.

215_4175 (Small)

This isn’t from an alcoholic beverage, but I thought it should be displayed in the same way. It’s from the takeaway container from the restaurant Momocho. I love this restaurant. It is so delicious. And they have this matador on their takeaway box. It’s literally from a stamp.

215_4176 (Small)

I guess there is one good thing about being labeled.

3 comments:

  1. I love these. I think they are so cool! Can I commission a set of them? Maybe not the takeout, but the Rex Goliath, Oberon, maybe a few others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a moose wine bottle for you!

    Love,
    Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much do you have to drink to make these beautiful wall hangings. I guess something good comes out of drinking. This is mom's way of telling you you know what?

    ReplyDelete