Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Break 2011 Part 3

This last Spring Break 2011 blogpost is more of a hodgepodge of the rest of the pictures I would like to showcase in my blog.

The pool at our hotel was amazing – an outdoor pool on the rooftop, it had an Olympic-sized pool (I’m guessing, I don’t really know how big Olympic-sized is) and a Jacuzzi that cycled between scalding and lukewarm. I did a bunch of laps in the pool. Ok, I did 10 laps in the pool and then I got tired. I wish I had access to a pool in CLE!

CIMG3473 (Small)

We took a 3 Hour Tour around the river in a boat called the Jungle Queen. It stopped us at a little Jungle Island, where they had an alligator wrestling show. I don’t know about this guy…I would never let my head get that close to an alligator’s mouth – remember the 3k lbs of force it can generate!

CIMG3455 (Small)

This trip included many walks on the beach. I discovered that I’m not really a fan of long walks on the beach. However, I do like drinking cappucinos by the beach, eating dinner by the beach, going into the water by the beach, and laying out on the beach. I’m sure I could be convinced that I like running on the beach. But long walks on the beach? Forget it.

CIMG3463 (Small)

Since my dad’s birthday is on March 10, we decided to go out for a surprise birthday lunch. It was supposed to be a surprise birthday dinner, but the place we wanted to go to didn’t take reservations and they had hour+ waits both nights we tried to go there. My parents and brother got veggie enchiladas, and I got Chile Rellenos. Mmm so good.

CIMG3479 (Small)

My dad was so excited that we celebrated his birthday that he gave me a really weird hug.

CIMG3486 (Small)

My brother and I take really nice pictures together. My mom wanted to take this picture so that I could show off the gorgeous sundress that she bought me.

CIMG3487 (Small)

Fabulous trip. Now I’m en route to CLE and 30 degree weather .30F, not 30C. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

No comments:

Post a Comment