Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring Break 2011 Part 2

Another day of our trip yielded a short jaunt to the Everglades for a mini-tour and the rest of the day spent at South Beach, Miami.

I found this awesome alligator necklace in a souvenier shop. I guess the necklace isn’t really as awesome as the alligator jewelry holder. Man, if someone proposed to me with this alligator as the ring holder, I would definitely say yes. Also we would have to have been dating for a while and spoken about marriage beforehand.

215_4016 (Small)

Look! An alligator! It’s so lazy looking. They barely move but apparently if they snap their jaws shut, it generates 3k lbs of force!

215_4041 (Small)

I took this really awesome picture of a rooster. Yay for macro mode on my camera working. My mom thinks the top of the rooster’s head looks like a raspberry, and I’m inclined to agree with her.

215_4073 (Small)

An Asian family tradition – bring an excess of meal food on your trip so you don’t have to eat out as often. My mom brought bhel – a bunch of crunchy things, mung beans, potatoes, and chutney mixed together. She brought chutney! I would never think to bring chutney on vacation with me. I also would never think to bring meal food with me.

215_4070 (Small)

After lunch, we went to MIA. (The city, not the airport; I can see how you could get confused, though.) Imagine my surprise when I saw an outdoor bar on Ocean Blvd. called The Clevelander! I wonder if LeDouche goes here when he’s feeling homesick.

CIMG3427 (Small)

We got first dinner on Lincoln Blvd. I drank a cappuccino and my camera macro mode was on its finest behavior. My bro inexplicably decided that he likes cappuccinos as well and drank half of it.

215_4091 (Small)

Lincoln Blvd. has a bunch of clothing and jewelry retailers. I really liked this display in one of the windows, with the mannequin heads fashioned out of faux-light bulbs. This is definitely something I want to emulate, especially with incandescent light bulbs being outlawed.

215_4097 (Small)

We took a walk on South Beach after walking around Lincoln Blvd., and my mom and I took this adorable picture. There was apparently a Food+Wine festival on South Beach the weekend before I was there starring many Food Network stars, including Paula Deen. I’m guessing that whatever Paula Deen contributed to the festival was not aligned with the South Beach diet.

CIMG3420 (Small)

No comments:

Post a Comment