Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Mawwage is what bwings us togevah today

So my brother and my mother were reading the Jain Digest (a religious magazine) when my brother discovered that there were matrimonial ads in the back.

These matrimonials led me to think of one thing -- My shaadi.com (an Indian matrimonial site) profile that my friend had made for me as a joke. I hadn't logged onto it since basically November 2008...but I remembered getting a lot of poorly worded (ok, internet lingoed) messages (I went to go look for these messages, but I discovered that shaadi.com deletes messages after 45 days! WTF?)

In lieu of the missing messages, my brother asked to see my profile (which says really awesome things like I speak fluent French, Greek, Japanese, Russian and Turkish, and that I make $200k a year (which is clearly untrue because my only current source of income is from the stock market...).

In my profile, I made a startling discovery! SOMEONE HAD HACKED INTO MY PROFILE! Only about 10 people know my password, except the only people that I remember that know it are two fake boyfriends and friend who created it (ironically, one fake boyfriend is the password).

THE STARTLING DISCOVERY...

I am guessing that one of my fake boyfriends did this in order to sabotage my chances of ever finding a nice Indian boy to settle down with.

I also discovered that someone sent me an e-rose for Valentine's day. Also, I just found this little gem on someone's profile... "i am a nice person... i love my family especially my mummy.. she is the best woman... i want someone to take care of me like my mummy does..." Good luck finding someone to take care of you.

1 comment: