Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Peacock Notebook

I recently deleted my Twitter because I have a lot more thoughts I want to keep to myself. So instead of posting all my thoughts on the internet, I decided to write everything down in notebooks. (PS, here is an article about writing vs. typing.)

I have had this green notebook forever, as you might be able to tell from the spiral, which has warped. I think I got it in 9th grade, when I was obsessed with lime green. Now I’m just obsessed with limes.

DSCN1674 (Small)

I wire-cut the spiral off and just twirled it out. Fun fact: when I was younger, I would stretch out the spiral and then make it into a tiara.

DSCN1675 (Small)

I covered the front and back with encyclopedia pages. For the front, I used “Cartesian” and for the back, I used “Cartel” – these pages were right next to each other in my encyclopedia from 1954.

DSCN1676 (Small)

Then, I used a needle and embroidery floss to re-bind the book.

DSCN1677 (Small)

I used some markers to draw a peacock feather on the front cover. This is now the notebook I keep in my bedroom for all the thoughts I have before I go to bed. It’s way better than Twitter.

DSCN1678 (Small)

1 comment: