Monday, March 25, 2013

Giant Paper Flowers

With all the wedding planning going on (I’m in 3 weddings this year!), my bridal friends have been turning to a lot of DIY wedding ideas. My friend sent me a link to this, to which I immediately thought, that looks like a comically giant version of something I made.

I cut out a bunch of petals (too many, from the looks of the remainders) into a vague heart shape (not unlike most of the boys I date).

DSCN1703 (Small)

I curled the edges of the petals using scissors using the same method as ribbon curling.

DSCN1706 (Small)Copy of DSCN1704

I then put glue on the outer curved side, maybe 2 inches up from the bottom of the petal.

DSCN1707 (Small)

Then, I attached it to my stem, wrapping it with the petal curving outward. The stem is a basically a stick I found outside my apartment. Well, not basically a stick. It is a stick. What’s brown and sticky? Not this stick. It’s white and sticky. This joke is about to go horribly wrong.

DSCN1708 (Small)

I continued haphazardly attaching the petals to the stick until I reached maximum fullness for the flower. Maximum fullness is a size that I made up.

DSCN1709 (Small)

Then, I let it dry and then I took some flattering pictures of it.

DSCN1712 (Small)

This is the flower compared to the size of my head.

DSCN1713 (Small)

No comments:

Post a Comment