Friday, March 22, 2013

Eye Mask

You know that feeling you get when  you don’t get enough sleep? I like sleeping in the complete darkness, usually all the way under the covers. Unfortunately, my apartment has been far too warm for me to do this, so I’ve decided to resort to an eye mask.

I used the same way of making it as I made this one last year. I quilted an old saree I used for crafting onto the mattress pad. Quilting always seems like it’s going to take soo much time but, in reality, it takes maybe 10 minutes.

DSCN1691 (Small)

I cut it in a vague eye mask shape (this took several iterations as I held it up to my face and cut it some more, and it’s still square-ish on one side). I tore some more strips of that same saree (from the purple side) and then I pinned and double parallel stitched it to the quilted portion.

DSCN1693 (Small) DSCN1694 (Small)

Then, I cut two more strips for ties to secure the eye mask around my head. Let’s hope I sleep well tonight. I’m going to save the pictures of me wearing them for myself. (I deleted them.)

DSCN1695 (Small)

No comments:

Post a Comment