Monday, November 19, 2012

1 Dress, 2 ways: Nadine’s Guest Post

Hi all! Today, I’m participating in the Ohio Blogging Association’s blog swap today! Visit Poise in Parma for a full list of participants! And make sure to visit Nadine’s blog – I love her musings on daily life and I LOVE her style!

Hi I'm Nadine from Blog- The New Black, and I'm a blogger that writes about fashion, beauty, and my pup, Petra. I love to shop and when I'm on the hunt for something new I am usually in one of two mind frames- in the first state I"m looking for something highly original that maybe wont get a ton of wear, but will get a ton of looks. The second state of mind I'm in when I shop is for items that are versatile and can get serious traction.

One of the great pieces I own that I can dress up or down a million ways in the American Apparel Cotton Spandex Jersey Double U Neck Dress, and for $40 the price can't be beat.

I dressed it up for the opening event at MOCA, Cleveland's just moved Modern Art Museum with Vince Camuto Heels and a Nordstrom sheer blouse.

image

I dressed it down with a pair of Frye Boots, black Target leggings, and a vintage US Army fatigue jacket for another more casual art museum construction tour a week or two later.

image

Version 1 highlights it as a mini dress (what it was designed to be) while version 2 shows it as a fitted long top, which is always a necessity when wearing leggings. Which look do you prefer?

Thanks again to Nidhi for letting me post today! Check out my blog for her DIY instructions for bedazzled heels!

Thanks so much for guest posting, Nadine! STAY CLASSY!

1 comment:

  1. either way, you look mah vellous! I know we are from Mars, but interesting to get thought perspective on a thing we don't think too much about. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving,
    John

    ReplyDelete