Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Sparkle Sweater Skirt

I am obsessed with sparkles. I bet that’s probably because it’s holiday season and sparkles are almost always in style during the holiday season.

I went to the thrift store to see if I could find something super sparkly to alter for New Year’s Ever, and I ended up with more sparkles than I should have. I got this wonderful black sweater vest with built in gold sparkle thread.

DSCN0108 (Small)

I sliced off the bottom of the sweater under the armholes for the bottom of my skirt, and I cut up a slightly smaller length rectangle for the waistband.

DSCN0112 (Small) DSCN0113 (Small)

I sewed together the sides of the waistband and then folded it in half and sewed it to the bottom part of the skirt. I initially tried to do this with my sewing machine, but this material was so stretchy that the fabric didn’t move at all with the machine’s feed dog. Hand sewing commence!

DSCN0116 (Small)

Once this was done, I threaded the waistband with a couple of pieces of yarn to act as the drawstring.

DSCN0145 (Small)

I wore this skirt out last night with some friends and asked one friend to take a picture of me. My face would say otherwise, but I promise I haven’t watched the 7 days video in The Ring.

DSCN0148 (Small) 

No, I’m not wearing this for NYE. I bought something much much worse for that. I’m planning on destroying that soon and I  am really nervous that It won’t end up being wearable. Here goes nothing…

1 comment: