Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Sparkle Sweater Skirt II

Another sweater skirt! I started off with this beautiful gold sparkly sweater from the thrift store. I bet it would fit incredibly well with the shoulder pads and all.

DSCN0161 (Small)

I cut off the sleeves and neckline, and pinned the sleeve area into a more skirty shape.

DSCN0164 (Small)

Then, I folded the top over and sewed it about 1.5 inches down to make a waistband.

DSCN0165 (Small)DSCN0167 (Small)

Then, I found this old valence in my fabric stash and made a waist ribbon out of it. (Sidenote: I didn’t buy this to use as a valence. I bought it because the fabric was just so gorgeous.

DSCN0168 (Small) DSCN0169 (Small)

I cut some holes for the ribbon to go through the skirt waist.

DSCN0170 (Small)

I need to figure out a different way to take pictures of myself. It took me maybe 6 times to take this picture and it is still sort of sucky. Maybe a roommate?

 DSCN0179 (Small)

Bokeh! Hey new camera! (Nikon Coolpix, amazing.)

DSCN0171 (Small)

Sparkle is the best part about the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment