Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sparkle Mini-Dress

I went to the thrift store again this past weekend because I’m addicted now apparently (I need to get the patch probably) and bought this lovely … (maybe top of a 2 part) 80s dress thingy. So many beads. I thought, “Wow, I could totally rock this as a mini-dress!” Too bad I got home and realized my torso is longer than I thought it was. Oh well. Still trying.

DSCN0201 (Small)

I cut out the shoulder pads and cut off the sleeves. Then I took the sides of the dress in a few inches so it would be a tiny bit more fitted. The sleeves were hemmed exactly where I cut them so it would fall a little farther off my shoulders than a regular tank top would. Then I forgot to document these steps in a pictorial so I’ll give you a close up of some beading.

DSCN0206 (Small)

DSCN0205 (Small)

Yeah! It’s obscenely short so I’m wearing it with leggings as pants.

DSCN0209 (Small)

And here I am, bringing sexyback. I wonder how many times that joke has been used to describe a showy back. Probably enough that would make this joke non-creative.

DSCN0210 (Small)

And here I am modeling the dress with a blazer! Maybe I can wear it for New Year’s Eve. And if there were any doubt in your mind that I hadn’t watched the video from The Ring, check out my face in this picture.

DSCN0212 (Small)    

In other news, I just painted my nails with glitter and it looks like Edward Cullen threw up on my hands.

4 comments:

  1. OMG you took this fabulous, modern shirt and made it horrendous. Or, maybe the other way around? Love it. Take me thrifting!!!??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure thousands of teenage girls would love to have edward cullen throw up on their fingernails... You should consider yourself lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing - I am without words. Except... take me thrifting with you!!!

    ReplyDelete