Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sensational Coverage

I bought a couple of pairs of shoes (that’s four shoes altogether) last week, and wanted to do something with the shoeboxes that didn’t involve storing shoes. Here are the original shoeboxes (sans shoes, not that you can tell). I bought a pair of nude gladiators and a pair of polkadot black wedge espadrilles. Why do you act like you don’t care about my shoes?!

IMG_0101 (Small)

I covered the boxes in newsprint. I’m so obsessed with newsprint. I think it makes everything look so … newsworthy. And if you know me, I love newsworthy. It’s the precursor to fame.

IMG_0117 (Small)

I also wanted a striped box. I have remembered seeing a striped box somewhere, so I Googled “striped box” and found an exact replica of what I had seen somewhere sometime. I painted the box top black with black stripes down the side.

IMG_0124 (Small)

These boxes are now used to store my Dremel and my power drill. You can’t judge a book by its cover, and you can’t judge a storage area by its storage container.

No comments:

Post a Comment