Friday, June 3, 2011

Initially

I wanted some way to display my beautiful initials in my cubicle. I decided to use stash cardboard and fabric to create a beautiful insignia for myself.

I used this cardboard packaging from something I apparently bought from Amazon, and this lovely fabric I acquired in a stash swap at the Etsy Craft Party last year.

IMG_0185 (Small) IMG_0186 (Small)

I think I used Garamond font blown up to trace my initials from my computer on to paper. I love serif fonts more than sans serif. It’s my firm belief that every resume should use serif fonts.

IMG_0187 (Small)

I glued the fabric to the cardboard, and to better create the spline, I cut the cardboard into triangles. Remember integration, guys??
 IMG_0190 (Small)

My beautiful initials, the backside. They are so pointy.  

IMG_0192 (Small)

I love them. Some people would say that making crafts with my initials would imply that I’m self-obsessed, but hey, I write a blog. Is there anything more self-indulgent?

IMG_0194 (Small)

If it makes any difference, I’m currently updating my blog from a bar at CAK. I’m drinking Lake Erie Monster. It’s like 10% abv. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment