Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I went to Australia last November: Day 5 Part 1

We flew to Sydney in early morning. We left a very rainy and suddenly cold Melbourne to fly into a very warm and sunny Sydney. Don’t you always find that the last day of your vacation is always the worst weather? I do. We pulled into Circular Quay on our train from the airport, and walked out to find a stunning view of the Opera House. (The Sydney Opera House, to be more specific.)

215_3016 (Small)

We checked into our hotel, and Katie took this awesome mirror picture of me and my luggage. I don’t know if it’s just me, but the mirror Nidhizzle looks a little more swaggery than the real Nidhizzle. Work it, girl, work it. I bet the picture was taken a split second and the light didn’t travel fast enough to ensure that I was in the same pose in both the mirror and in real life.

DSCN8340 (Small)

After checking , then decided to go for a leisurely stroll across the Harbour Bridge. Katie was hanging out by the fence and staring at the Opera House. She was deep in thought about something. I don’t know what she was thinking about, because I can’t read minds!! 

215_3030 (Small)

As much as I hated Flat Stanley, Katie looved her. She pulled her out for approximately every picture. “I love her. I LOVE HER.” Katie would say emphatically every time I told her to put Flat Stanley back into her purse.

215_3034 (Small) 

After eating lunch, we started walking around Sydney. Here is a stunning view of the Harbour Bridge that definitely not ever been used in a postcard of Sydney.

215_3038 (Small)

We found another Luna Park! Are they popular in Australia? What are they, anyway? Why do I have so many questions? But seriously, though, why is there this creepsauce face eating you every time you decide to go to Luna Park?

215_3040 (Small)

Whilst walking around, we found these palm trees that looked like pineapples :) Gigantic pineapples. Mmm. I love pineapples. This pineapple would probably taste like a baby palm tree. (I imagine they are baby palm trees, not entirely sure what they were though.)

215_3048 (Small)

While walking around, we saw a fence and I contemplated climbing over it. See, you can see my contemplating face. It looks more like a “Really?!” face, but they’re actually very similar faces.
 DSCN8403 (Small)

James <3 Georgie one year & forever. I love the name Georgie. It always reminds me of George Porgie pudding and pie who kissed the girls and made them cry. Why did they cry? Probably because they were sad that each one wasn’t the only girl in Georgie Porgie’s life.

215_3055 (Small)

In Oz, during the month of November, they run this fundraiser for men’s health. The fundraiser is enhanced by Aussie men growing staches. I am personally a strong believer that mustaches are evil and should be shaved whenever possible. There are better ways to show that you care about men’s health, like getting six-pack abs. #objectification

215_3058 (Small)

Even the mannequins were joining in the stache-madness. TWO PAIRS OF SHORTS FOR $100 but no stache, no thanks.

215_3061 (Small) 

Movember? My favourite. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment