Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Livin’ it up in the ROC Part I

I went to New York last weekend. No, not the City, but a city 6 hours from it. Specifically, I went to Rochester, NY to visit my friend Prakit.

He answered the door looking like he’d been watching way too much VH1.

215_1488

He had paneer tikka masala waiting for me when I arrived, tired and hungry. And by waiting for me, I mean he didn’t start making it until I was all settled into the apartment.
 215_1487

On Saturday morning, before a jaunt to the countryside, we got crepes for brunch. This is the plate before. I decided not to include the picture of the plate after because it was…just an empty plate.

 215_1496

The jaunt to the countryside that I alluded to earlier (or just blatantly mentioned) was a winery right outside the ROC.

215_1497

These are some grape trees that I didn’t eat any grapes from, because it’s “frowned upon.” Hmm. I bet it was actually forbidden, because I doubt that a furrowed brow would deter me from eating some fresh grapes.

215_1501 
The tiny winery had a bottling plant. It bottles 20 times a year. Saturday was not one of those days.

215_1509

Then the best part of a winery tour: the tasting! I got another wine glass to add to my already amazing collection of 4 Whole Foods glasses and 2 Olive Garden glasses.

215_1510

Then the nice winery people gave me a bunch of wine corks to do arts and crafts! Casa Larga! Go there!

215_1513

We then went to an extraordinary gallery called ArtisanWorks. It’s where a bunch of local artists display their artwork and maybe even try to sell it?

215_1517  
Stay tuned for the rest of my ROC experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment