Monday, August 23, 2010

My Spouse comes to Town

If you look at my facebook page, you will see that I’m married. I’ve been fakely married to Lauren since approximately the last time she visited Cleveland (in July 2008). We suffered through a brief hiatus in our marriage prior to that where I thought it would be ok to be engaged to someone else (also we may or may not have been “seeing other people for realz” at the time).

We went to 5x7 at Whole Foods (every friday, Whole Foods has a wine/food tasting for $5 between 5-7pm and now I have a jankedy collection of wine glasses from there) and went to Jo-Ann afterward to hang out. If there were ever a masquerade in town, Lauren would be prepped with this mask. If there were ever a fairy-princess masquerade in town, Lauren would be super prepped with her magic wand.

215_1407

We went on a walk and saw a dragonfly shell. So pretty! Thanks for being all rocky, ground, because now I can barely see the dragonfly’s wings.

dragonfly

After going to a yoga class, Lauren and I downward dogged all the way back to my apartment (just kidding). We decided to make full Indian dinner. (That’s a lie. It was lunchtime, and we made 2 things – roti and bhindi.) This is Lauren rolling out the dough for our ghetto roti – it’s supposed to be wheat flour, except we used all-purpose.

215_1413

See? Even though it is ghetto roti, it still turned out prettily. And very easy to make. Lauren’s a pro at using a rolling pin. Thanks, mom, for giving me your itty-bittiest rolling pin :)

215_1414

Here is the pre-seasoned (hehe) Bhindi, aka okra. Lauren thought she wouldn’t like it due to the sliminess, but she loved it. Nobody doesn’t love Bhindi.

215_1416

Post-season (hehe) bhindi. Slimy goodness.215_1418

Lauren’s basically a pro at turning the roti.

215_1420 215_1421

After eating our full Indian lunch, we went to the Westside Market, where I bought a bunch of fruits and vegetables, and some random lady took a blurry picture of us. Blurry picture is blurry.

215_1424 215_1425

Thanks for coming, Lauren! I Mrs. the Mrs. :)

2 comments:

  1. I am soooooooooooo hungry. give me some sabzi-roti.

    ReplyDelete