Thursday, August 19, 2010

My new-old sewing machine!

Sigh. After a long year of not having my sewing machine (I had no place for it in my old apartment), my parents brought it to my new apartment where I have a plethora of space to put it! It’s on my tiny little Ikea desk and it vibrates each time I try to sew too fast. I guess it’s a tiny message telling me to slow down :)

215_1403

My first sewing project…If you take a close look at my shower, you’ll notice a window. I agree with your thoughts, “What. The. Frak. Interrobang.”

215_1398

In the interest of not being a voyeur, I sewed a curtain! Initially, there was a shower curtain on the other side of my shower as well…which just makes me feel claustrophobic about taking a shower. 

215_1401

My 2-year-old paintbrushes were still in the original plastic bag that I bought them in. I need new paintbrushes. But that point is moot. I more desperately needed a new paintbrush holder.

215_1404

I sewed a bag almost exactly the same size and shape as the original, but much prettier.

215_1405

This bag also closes and ties shut!

215_1406

Also today, I did fitness boot camp at work and was very sore. I decided to attend my first yoga class ever after work to stretch out and wind down. I wound down so much that I fell asleep during the meditation part D:

No comments:

Post a Comment