Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cardboard Tardis

I tried to portmanteau “Cardboard Tardis” and came up with “Cardboardis” or “Tardboardis”, both of which sound incredibly dumb.

My blogger friend Amanda had a surprise birthday party that she threw for herself (jk, you can’t throw a surprise party for yourself…or can you?) and my first thought was “I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO MAKE FOR HER” because she shares my same creepy obsession with Doctor Who. Sci-fi geeks are just ever so easy to get prezzies for.

I had been wanting to make a recycled Tardis box ever since I thought of the idea. I used cardboard boxes that were in the recycle bin at work (that were used to package light bulbs!) to make the box-frame.

image

I cut the lids of the boxes and create a little insert so that the lid of the Tardis would have something to hang on to. Like love handles. Hehe.

image

I mixed up a batch of darkish blue paint and painted the box blue.

imageimage

Then I added some super-special details. Like words. Basically I’m speechless right now so I don’t know what to say.

imageimage 

Yay. Trust me. I’m the Doctor.

1 comment:

  1. It's my TARDIS! I love this box by the way and it's made its home very happily in my nerded out office at home. Thank you again!

    And yes, only I -- the uber control freak -- would somehow plan parts of my own surprise party.

    ReplyDelete