Monday, June 4, 2012

Grilled Tomatoes and Guacamole

I know I’ve been the lamest blogger ever, but it’s my blog, so you can deal with it, Mom. Just kidding. My mom doesn’t remember my blog name ever.

Today, after I had eaten my leftovers from Wang’s Kitchen in Toronto (wedding season, what what!), I realized that I was still pretty hungry for something not carby. I had an avocado in the fridge, along with a tomato, but instead of doing what a normal person would and put a chopped tomato with avocado to make guacamole, I instead did something different.

I chopped up the avocado and garlic and put them in bowl. I sliced a tomato but didn’t put that in the bowl. Duh. I said that I didn’t mix them together already, weren’t you paying attention? Clearly not.

DSCN1130 (Small)

I stoved grilled the tomatoes in a little bit of olive oil until they were blackened. Then I didn’t take a picture of that.

DSCN1131 (Small)

I smooshed the avocado + garlic with a fork and added lemon, salt, and pepper. SO GOOD.

DSCN1132 (Small)

Then I spread the guac onto the tomatoes. I suppose you can see the blackness on the tomatoes in this picture. Thanks for pointing that out, you snarky little minx.

DSCN1133 (Small)

Next blog post: Probably 3 weeks from now if I stay true to form. It’s summer, bitches.

6 comments:

  1. Delicious! I love tomatoes and now that it's just on the peak of the season, I'm ready to eat tomato sandwiches all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great. I may have to try this (and maybe add a little heat)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At which moment did the guac end up on your face? I bet it was during the smooshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The oils from my face added a little something something to the guac.

      Delete