Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Something Old

You know I’ve always been into arts and crafts. When I was a junior, I lived with this girl Lauren. Said Lauren is now getting married soon and having a pseudo-bachelorette party weekend in Chicago starting Friday!

When we lived together, Lauren gave me a bunch of lingerie that her aunt got for a bachelorette party or something I think. That she never used obviously hopefully. What I used for this particular craft is not pictured but it came from the same bunch of lingerie! I know that is super helpful when you’re trying to picture the before. It was a pink satiny robe with a cream colored lining. Yeah. Exactly like the picture.

image

For part of her bachelorette party gift, I decided to make her a sleep mask. I used part of my old mattress pad because I wanted to a quilted pattern. YES I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY QUILTED SOMETHING!!!

DSCN1149 (Small)DSCN1151 (Small)

I used the cream lining to edge the sleep mask. It’s going to be perfect for all those sleepless nights on the honeymoon ;) To fasten securely around her head, I added an elastic band.

DSCN1155 (Small)

And yeah, I had to try it on.

DSCN1158 (Small) DSCN1157 (Small)

So cute, right?? #somethingOld though technically not for a wedding. Like Justin Timberlake tells us, “What goes around goes around goes around goes around comes back around.”

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I think that it turned out really well. The pic with the edging pinned on... is that my chair? I feel famous.

    ReplyDelete