Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bagel Chips

We had a community volunteer day at work recently, and part of this included a breakfast of bagels. As the day was winding down, there were lots of bagels left. I asked my food-organizing coworker if I could steal some for bagel chips, and she said, “Sure, as long as you share them with us!” MUAHAHAHA. All mine.

KDg3OqoWkK (Small)

When I got home, I chopped up all the bagels in 1/4” slices and dipped them in an oil+seasoning salt solution. I suppose you could call these the lazy girl’s bagel chips since most recipes online call for ingredients upon ingredients.

DSCN0854 (Small)

I carefully placed all of the trays into my oven. Turns out, they didn’t fit, so I got a little careless and then started stacking things on top of other things. It doesn’t really look like it in the picture, but you’re probably not looking hard enough. 325F for approximately 20 minutes.

DSCN0855 (Small)

After setting the smoke alarm off 3 times because an errant chip had fallen through the cracks, they are DONE. They look super different than when they had started. JK. They look almost exactly the same.

DSCN0856 (Small)

Crunch crunch crunch.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! Would go great with hummus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making tortilla chips are also awesome to make 1) Buy corn tortillas 2) cut into fourths 3) Brush with oil and kosher salt 4) Bake at 325 5) BOOM! Get the guacamole :)

    ReplyDelete