Sunday, March 25, 2012

A slightly swishy skirt

Disclaimer: I don’t know what’s going on with me. I think I’m having writer’s block and don’t want to write these elaborately hilarious blogposts like I normally do. I’m in a funk! I feel like I’m having a ton of anxiety for no reason whatsoever. Tomorrow is a new day. Also my camera is making everything blue so that’s not helping my mood.

I started with a thriftstore find when I was obsessed with lace (I still am obsessed). This dress had an interesting dynamic: sexy lace on top with a fun, flirty pleated skirt on bottom. They say opposites attract, so I did what any meddling lady would do: I broke up the band.

DSCN0534 (Small)

For today, we’re only focusing on the skirt portion of the dress (much like the camera).

DSCN0535 (Small)

I’d been wanting a high-waisted mini like this one, but shorter. (From net-a-porter.com, the most expensive clothing website ever. $880, really? Ready to wear, my ass. More like ready to tear up my credit.)

 177694_in_l

The blue fabric cut from the dress ended up being far too wide for what I wanted, so I chopped it approximately in half, then sewed it together in a tube shape.

DSCN0536 (Small)

I used some matching cobalt blue stretchy fabric for the waistband. This was all done very sketchily. Actually, there were no sketches involved, so it was done the opposite of sketchily. I figured the sizing of this by measuring where I wanted it to hit on my waist. To make a stretch waistband, I fold the stretchy fabric over, stretch it out completely and sew it to the bottom portion of the skirt (while the waistband is stretched out). It’s super simple, but I probably did a horrible job in explaining how I did it.

DSCN0537 (Small)

And this is what it looks like, completed. I’m a fan of the cobalt blue/black that I’ve been seeing everywhere recently, though black and blue may  be considered bruise-y.  Bleh. I’m still learning how to take pictures of myself. This blogging thing would be so much easier if I had a roommate who was a photographer.

 DSCN0599 (Medium)

Ohmygah! I am in such a funk. Here’s hoping that this week returns my mojo (because, you know, I lost it).

1 comment:

  1. I keep my Guinness in the hallway to my bedroom, too. So convenient.

    ReplyDelete