Sunday, March 4, 2012

Headbangin’ Headband

At craft night last week, the theme was “Headbands”, since Emily’s boyfriend apparently really likes headbands. So I looked up a bunch of headbands on Nordstrom for inspiration and found this one. So cute.

nordstrom

I started with this store-bought headband and fabric that I bought from that place up North known as Canada.

DSCN0540 (Small)

I bought this fabric when I was in 3rd grade, I think. My mom made me a pillow with a similar blue fabric when I was at a sleepover, and left it in my room with a note that said “made with TLC” on it. Unfortunately, this was right at the time that the band TLC was incredibly popular so I had no idea that she meant “tender loving care” and not “T-boz LeftEye Chilli”.

DSCN0542 (Small)

This amazingly clear tutorial is something I made up after a fabric tutorial on the internet wanted me to pay to download it. And the spirit of this blog is “I make stuff up.” so I made stuff up. (Really! It says that on the “about me” section.)

1. Cut three strips of your fabric into 3x1” rectangles.

DSCN0543 (Small)

2. Fold the strip in half. On the long open edge, sew a loose stitch.

DSCN0546 (Small)

3. Pull the stitch all the way through to form a flowery looking thing.

DSCN0549 (Small)

4. Sew the last open edges together to form a flower circle shape. Do this three times.

DSCN0550 (Small)

5. Sew these flowers in a row onto your headband.

DSCN0551 (Small)

So beautiful, right? My hair doesn’t look like the hot water heater in my apartment was broken all weekend.

DSCN0553 (Small) DSCN0555 (Small)

Ok, so the girl in the first picture’s hair looks way cuter. But I can’t really compete since my water is broken (and also because she’s a model and gets fancy styling).

No comments:

Post a Comment