Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lace Top

I’ve been drooling over this top on net-a-porter.com for days. $395 :( :(

image

Since the lacy part of the dress I partially reconstructed yesterday was entirely too short for the dress I wanted to make (D:), I decided to use it to make a top like this with the remainder. It fits so interestingly! It hugs my curves like an XXL shirt fits a baby.

 DSCN0606 (Medium)

I removed the shoulder pads. Omg I almost referred to them as armpit pads. That doesn’t really make sense, unless they were like sweat absorbers or something.

DSCN0620 (Medium)

I cut the sleeves off, then I sewed up the sides to make it a little more body hugging. Then, I attached the sleeves. Sleeves are the most difficult thing ever!! Ugh. I was dreading this the entire time. The stupid sleeves. So finicky. It’s like, the worst.

DSCN0646 (Medium)

I CONQUERED the stupid sleeves…in case you were wondering. Then I cut off the bottom to an acceptable length, not some stupid length between an unacceptably short dress and an unacceptably long top.

 DSCN0647 (Medium) 

After cutting off the bottom, I sewed a strip of blue fabric to “finish” it. The sleeves I’m leaving unfinished, since I sewed fabric to them and it didn’t look as good; or, the more likely story, I just got really lazy and didn’t feel like sewing them.

DSCN0655 (Medium)

I also discovered that I can wear it with the skirt that I made yesterday for a complete redesign of this dress!! Looks amazing. I love lace. Sexy sexy.

DSCN0653 (Medium)

You totally can’t tell in any of the pictures, but I also have a tiny pocket on the right side of the top. You can almost see it in this picture.

DSCN0654 (Medium)

#twss.

7 comments:

  1. I thought that first photo was a professional photo! It looks so catalog. What did you do? Is that natural light?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! It was still light out when I got home that day and the lighting was perfect. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. You're going to make my wedding dress someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEXY SEXY! I love this! You're so talented - and with lace! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are really crafty

    ReplyDelete