Sunday, January 22, 2012

Coffee Table Redux

You may remember when I redid the coffee table that I stole from my parents … 2 years ago. About a year ago, I decided that I no longer loved it and cut out the center part and then had a coffee table with a hole in it. I was going to do an inlaid mosaic tile in the center, but then I didn’t. It was hanging out in my living room in a configuration I call “Homage to Cleveland Architecture”.

DSCN0363 (Small)

This weekend, I finally decided it was time to cowgirl up and  make it look like an adult lives in this apartment. I painted the legs black since I’m trying to have a black furniture theme.

DSCN0368 (Small)

I decided to do a cushion-ish bench type thing. I started out by sewing my old mattress pad to it. Ever since I got my new memory foam mattress, I have been sleeping fantastically AND plotting a new coffee table.

DSCN0375 (Small)DSCN0376 (Small)

Then, I covered the cushion with a tablecloth I got at a thriftstore. Yay! The best part about this design is that I can switch out the cover relatively easily. And we all know how good I am about following through on my coffee table projects in a timely fashion. (Hint: very poor.) I’ve kept the wooden boards under it for structure.

DSCN0385 (Small)DSCN0382 (Small)

I want to get a tray for the center of it. And maybe tuft it. Baby steps!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this.... going to research how to change my P.O.S. table into something more appropriate.

    ReplyDelete